What would you like to learn?

Here’s your chance to have a say in the content we produce here at Tuts+. Use this page to suggest a learning topic, and vote up any other topics you’d like us to cover. We’ll keep an eye on this list and try to bring to life the topics you’d most like to learn about!

I'd like to do a course or tutorial on...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adobe animate cc

Basic run through of the software to create animation for web.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Design & Illustration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Three.js

Hi,

a course on three.js for some complex webanimations would be cool!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flexbox

It is about two years since Craig Campbell launched his excellent course on flexbox. I think it would be appropriate to catch up from where he left with a course on "Designing with Flexbox". The course could consist of cool web designs implemented using flexbox.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kirby CMS

Using a popular European CMS http://getkirby.com/

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smooth site transition website (Maybe as coffee break course)

I think a course on showing how to build a website with smooth transitions when navigating to a subpage would be cool.
    Here are some examples:

http://www.veintidosgrados.com/agencia.html#!
    http://poc-sculpture.com/mon-travail

When you click an anchor you not only browse to the new page but also see a smooth transition/animation happening. That adds a nicer feeling.
    A course on how to build this would be really helpful. Maybe it could also be covered as an tutorial or a short coffee break course.

Thanks! :)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Minimalistic Webdesign

Hi,

a course covering the minimalistic Webdesign would be great.
    In the first step the course could cover the basics. In the next step there could be a practical example. It could be structured like the Material Design course by Adi Purdilla.

Best regards,
    Norman

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Websites with AJAX-loading Content

I would like to see a course on teaching how to build a website with AJAX-loaded content.
    It would be cool if it is a simple wordpress theme.
    So if you click on navigation links there is no page-reload, but a dynamic loading of the content.
    This site is a cool example of this effect:
    http://mintdesigncompany.com/

A tutorial explaining these steps would be cool:

1. Designing the theme in Sketch
    2. Writing the HTML/CSS/JavaScript(SCSS would be cool)
    3. Developing the theme in Wordpress

I think a course like this would be very cool and helpful.
    If there were some animations…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mock Freelance Project from Start to Finish

There are tons of tutorials on how to design a website and how to take that design to code...but what do you do after you know how to design and code a design? Are you really ready to start building websites for people or businesses?

I think it would be a fantastic course to see a mock project going from first contact with the client all the way to getting the website up and live properly, and how to handle client changes or security issues (or anything else that may come into play) after it goes live.

This would be…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PHP MVC from scratch without frameworks

I would like to see a PHP couse about creating a project using MVC but don't using a framework, just pure PHP using fron controller, routing, PDO for DB.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting course idea! We’re going to do some more thinking about how best to cover MVC concepts in PHP and how to teach the underlying ideas of server-side MVC frameworks. Thanks! ~Adam

10. android app php and mysql integration

I'll want you to create am android native app and connect it to mysql with php

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. the tutorial of drawing charts using mpandroid chart library in Android was very useful, but what to learn how to code when they chart is fe

Liked the tutorial of drawing charts using mpandroid chart library in Android but would love to learn how to code if the chart is fed with new data at runtime using the same library

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. Your question is very specific and my guess is that the answer shouldn’t be too difficult to find on, for example, Stack Overflow or in the library’s documentation. At the moment, we don’t have a course planned on the MPAndroidChart library.

12. Shopify courses

I would like to see a course on how to design, build and create a fully functioning shopify store. For instance you create the design in PS and then code it into a fully functioning store that a customer can browse, view and order items online. As in the near future I would like to create my own ecommerce store online using this platform.
    If it's possible please can you create a course like this as I would love to learn how to build things like these without paying money to someone who can do it.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ruby On Rails Essential trainning

A trainning course that shows with simple examples how to install, develop in RoR etc. Something quite similar to the "Codeigniter essentials" course or the "Laravel essentials"

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Advanced RESTful Resources

Nowadays it has become very popular to have an API for a product, and then make several apps (mobile, Web, etc) consume this API. You guys offer a variety of introductory RESTful API courses. It would be nice to have an advance course on these matters, such as OAuth, CSRF protection, token base authentication, user management, such that it could serve as a base to create a private API for a product. It would be even nicer if the backend is on Ruby ;)

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have a course currently planned with all those pieces, but we are covering REST, OAuth and similar subjects in other upcoming courses. I’ll post updates here as we publish related content.

~Adam

15. CodeIgniter 3 - What's new

Since the new version 3 of CodeIgniter is officially released, I think it would be a good idea to do a walk through the new version's features, such as how to use the new session or new encryption libraries and in general all the new stuff.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Splitting up a monolith application into microservices

A course that dives into the best practices for microservices, how to go about building them and turning existing monoliths into manageable microservices. It should cover authentication and intercommunication between microservices.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Employment in Design

This course would cover topics such as: formatting your résumé for the web, interactive résumé options, sources to find jobs, how to search for design jobs, the do's and don'ts of design interviewing, follow-up on job referrals, using LinkedIn and networking, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A very interesting subject Megan, thanks for the idea. This is something we’re looking into on the tutorial side of things at the moment, but haven’t yet decided if it could work as a course. We’ll give it further thought and let you know!

Thanks ^Ian

18. Pods Framework for WordPress

Just recently I came across a plugin for WordPress called Pods and this one looks really interesting if you are about to extend the functionality of the backend, e.g. for creating dependent fields.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. React Native

https://github.com/facebook/react-native

build world-class application experiences on native platforms

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Branding

Branding, How to Design for Brands

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good suggestion. We aren’t currently developing business courses, but it’s on the list if we open up this topic again in the future.

We do teach logo design and branding in our Design & Illustration section. We may touch on this subject on the Business tutorial side as well. Thanks.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

What would you like to learn?

Feedback and Knowledge Base