What would you like to learn?

Here’s your chance to have a say in the content we produce here at Tuts+. Use this page to suggest a learning topic, and vote up any other topics you’d like us to cover. We’ll keep an eye on this list and try to bring to life the topics you’d most like to learn about!

I'd like to do a course or tutorial on...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. javascript MVC

There are an ocean of javascript MVC frameworks available like backbone and ember. It would be awesome to learn how these frameworks has been built.

Could you please add a tutorial on building a javascript mvc framework from scratch and creating a real world project using it.

Thanks and BR;

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting idea for a course. We’ve got some coffee break courses in production that will provide a case study of a real-world project to implement a new full-stack JavaScript framework. The instructor will talk about the project challenges and goals, as well as about the technical details of the implementation. I’ll update this thread when it launches. ^ Adam

2. django

I am pretty confused with signing up an User with the fields I want like their name, birthday, email, password1, passsword2(to retype) etc and I also don't want to store raw password. Moreover I first want to confirm user's email address by sending an activation link, Only after which user will be able to log in.

To sum it up I want a complete user registration module.
    Any Code Tutorial in this context would be just awesome.

Thank You and please consider it.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve definitely got more Django content in the pipeline. We’ll be publishing an intermediate-level Django course in the next few week, which does have some content about user management. I’ll notify this thread when it happens! ^Adam

3. lumen

Laravel is quite a powerful system. But, I was surprised very few tutorials (in english) exist for Lumen their microframework.

But, even more, those that exist skip important points on how to use the powerful laravel tools. Like the auth middleware.

If it was to be a complete course, I'd love to see features like:
    Lumen
    Using Laravel Auth (with multiple user levels, super admin, admin, user)
    Some front end framework (backbone, angular, etc)
    And how to secure those API calls.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I agree! Lumen is an interesting new microframework and we’re just about to publish a short course introducing people to it. This first course won’t have all the content you’re looking for, but I’ll add those to the list of possible topics for a follow-up course. ^Adam

4. PHP ORM from scratch

I know the wheel is invented and we can use any ORM but I think it can be interesting for learning purposes how to create a ORM from scratch and if Tuts+ decides to do this course, the latest videos can talk about the different well known ORM that are available, the advantage and disadvantage.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a really interesting idea! The code editorial team had a chat about it and we’re going to try out a new content type: “How It’s Made”. For starters, Matthew Machuga will be going in-depth with the Laravel codebase, showing how key features like the Eloquent ORM are implemented. I’ll post an update to this thread when the course is published. ^Adam

5. Go Lang fundamentals

Id love to see a course on build an application with Go Lang, even possibly one about building microservices with go and docker!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Web Design: Everything Before Design Starts

This course would teach all about the planning stages of web design, before the design begins. Evaluation of existing client needs, what works, what doesn't work, navigation, site maps, wireframes, mood boards, etc.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Course in PhalconPHP

I can't see any course or tutorials about it in TutsPlus, no good tutorials even in whole Internet. But it has incredible performance.
    Please provide course covering beginning to advanced. Include optimization, security, debugging...etc

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion! We have a PhalconPHP course currently in production. It should be live in about 6 weeks. I’ll post an update to this thread when we publish.

~ Adam

8. phalcon php : fastest PHP framework

"phalcon php : fastest PHP framework" , this web framework of PHP is greatest of all and definately wants a course covering all the aspects of this new yet powerfui framework :)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Yii framework

you should do a course on yii framework from beginners to advance level.
    as yii is very famous framework now a days.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. HTML5 Game Development

There are many resources to learn HTML5 Game Development, but nearly all of them teach this in context of a specific Game Engine(eg, Phaser or Crafty). There are very few resources to learn Game Development through Vanilla JavaScript.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Game Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wedding Photo Editing and retouching

Kindly provide courses on Wedding photo Editing and retouching to do freelancing work from home

including - album retouch, face studio retouch, Removing people from wedding photos, manipulation/ clothes, combining photos, portraiture, Iron creases from clothing, Creating a mood or tone to the photos, Combining two photos, Improving poor quality wedding photos, skin tone, Add makeup, Brighten teeth, virtual weight reduction, Retouch imperfections and blemishes etc

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photo & Video  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A quick update on this request: we are currently developing a course on wedding photography post-production. We are aiming for a July release.

- Jackson

12. Documentary Indie Filmaking

1. Categories of Documentarys
    2. Pre-Production
    3. Budget
    4. Shooting: Interviews, B-Roll, Cutaways, Audio, Lighting
    5. Releases
    6. Editing
    7. Distributing: Film Festivals, Web, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick update on this request: we currently have several courses in production for documentary filmmakers. The first is The Documentary Interview, and it is scheduled for a June release.

- Jackson

13. Golang

I'd like to have a solid course about introduction to Go.
    The language seems to be getting pretty much steam over the last months and it looks quite interesting for server-side webdevelopment or even system administration. Some course providing the basics and some use cases in a screencast format would be sweet!
    Thank you!

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Developing a Rest API with PHP

Creating a Rest API with Core PHP from Scratch going deeper into rest Principles including Oauth, Nested resources, Testing, Performance etc...

487 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Advanced WordPress Theme Development: Scratch to Themeforest

This course may be the first complete advanced WordPress theme development course on the web covering all features of WordPress (multi-purpose theme development). Obviously, this course will be a huge course, so it can be fragmented into some parts.

1. Designing a WordPress theme in Photoshop (multi-purpose theme).
    2. Converting this PSD theme into HTML theme.
    3. HTML theme to full functional WordPress theme.
    4. Preparing the multi-purpose WordPress theme for Themeforest.

926 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Web Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sublime Text 3

Getting the most out of Sublime Text 3. Perfect workflows to help me become a faster developer. What new features should I be using?

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Code  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How to Earn a Full-Time Income as a Wedding Photographer

How to create a successful wedding photography business around your skills. Teaching the vital skills necessary to manage the workload of weddings, all the way through to marketing and promoting your business.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What would you like to learn?

Feedback and Knowledge Base