I'd like to do a course or tutorial on...

Advanced WordPress Theme Development: Scratch to Themeforest

This course may be the first complete advanced WordPress theme development course on the web covering all features of WordPress (multi-purpose theme development). Obviously, this course will be a huge course, so it can be fragmented into some parts.

1. Designing a WordPress theme in Photoshop (multi-purpose theme).
2. Converting this PSD theme into HTML theme.
3. HTML theme to full functional WordPress theme.
4. Preparing the multi-purpose WordPress theme for Themeforest.

926 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Farukul Islam Rana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminTuts+ (Admin, Envato Tuts+) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry that the wait is causing frustration! This is a big project and something we want to get right. We’re working on it and it will be available as soon as we can get it wrapped up. Please hang in there! ^Ian

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its bit frustrating when this course had been due for ages and the team have decided to publish course on how to add pages and posts.

When are you seriously thinking of adding new decent course on WordPress. Or is it going to hamper the sales on themeforest for premium themes.

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel an up to date course on Wordpress theme development is much needed, as WP and how people use the internet has changed so much in the past couple of years. Wordpress has introduced the amazingly popular Customizer, and people are accessing the Internet is more different ways than ever, from smart phones to televisions and everything in between. Couple that with the tremendous popularity of Wordpress and what we have is a huge demand for a Wordpress training course which covers modern practices. 145 votes (not counting my 3) for a course like this should not be ignored. ;)

• Samgraphics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could also include, how to bring your design into wordpress. Say you designed your own page layout and you wanted to make it a wordpress theme. That could be number 6

Any status about this course? What is the ETA for this course? I am waiting eagerly.

• Tahir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see them done by Adi. One addition to this which I would like to have is to have a custom Dashboard for customization and a range of other useful options.

Adi Purdila would be the best author for first 3 steps..........4th one should take under a themeforest expert

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't need any more of those "ultimate multi-purpose, revolutionary, last you will ever need, changing they way we think about wordpress" themes with are combination of 6 plugins and 'unique' design...

Feedback and Knowledge Base